Connecting Certn to Drata allows for new hires to conduct their background check via Drata's onboarding at a preferred partner rate. This will also link background check summaries to personnel for providing streamlined audit evidence.
BEFORE DIVING IN
First, you would need to work with Certn to setup a Certn account for your company. Contact your Drata CSM for an introduction.
Follow these instructions to connect Certn to Drata:
1. Click on your company's name in the lower left corner.
2. Click "Connections" from that menu.
3. Click the "Connect" button for the Certn integration.
4. When the drawer within Drata opens after selecting 'Connect', you will be prompted to register your account with Certn, create an API key from your Certn Dashboard, and add the API key provided by Certn.
Once in Certn, you will click your profile and then select 'Team Settings'.
Next, you will copy the webhook URL from the Drata interface and paste it into 'Webhook URL' on the Certn 'Team Settings' page.
You will click 'API Keys' in the lower left navigation in Certn. Then click 'Add API Key' and copy the API key provided and paste it into the Drata API key Field in the Connection drawer.
Copy Webhook Secret from your Certn account (Settings > Team Settings > General > Webhook Secret) and enter it into 'Webhook Secret Key' field in Drata. Click 'Continue.'
5. Select the US, Canadian, and/or International background check packages you have configured on your Certn account. You can read the description of the available packages, as well as verify with your Certn account contact if you have questions.
NOTE: 'Enhanced Identity Verification' is required for Canadian and International background checks. It is also recommended for US checks.
6. Click "Save & Test Connection."
7. In Drata, click your company's logo in the lower left, and in the flyout menu, click "Human Resources." Under the "Background Checks" section, select the radio button for "Use Drata's partner Certn for background checks." See this help article for more details.
NOTE: When your employee is in the system and ready to undergo their background check, they will see the following screen and select which background check is needed (US, Canada, International) and then the green button that says 'Start My Background Check'.